Saturday, October 28, 2006

subTEXT

Thanks again to everyone who made it to my book launch! We had about 30 people, a good vibe in spite of the noisy SJI reunion outside, and an extremely surreal impromptu interview with Angeline Yap with each of us acting as the other person:

Ms Yap: So tell me, Ms Yap, what do you remember about my days as a JC schoolboy, working you half to death with three poems a week?

Me: Why Mr Ng, I remember feeling very pressured, what with my job at Allen and Gledhill and being a mother of three children and all...

(I guess you had to be there. Images forthcoming.)

Anyway, I'm going to be next reading this coming Thursday at subTEXT, the monthly literary reading in the National Library basement.

Featured are (from left to right) the musician Yee Chang Kang, poet Kristina Tom, poet-cum-organiser Yong Shu Hoong, poet Yeow Kai Chai and myself. I'll be reading some new stuff and old stuff.

Once again, that's

subTEXT
Thursday Nov 2, 7:00pm
Multipurpose room
Central Lending Library (basement)
Victoria Street


No comments: